Lift Collective Scholarship Fundraiser Scheduled for October 27th
AUSTIN, TX — October 18, 2021 — Lift Collective, an Austin 501(c)(3) multi-channel platform widening the aperture of intersectionality in the wine industry, has partnered with Vins de Bordeaux to help activate its ‘Strong Women of Bordeaux’ campaign that showcases the collective talent of the women winemakers of the region. This first collaboration between the women winemakers of Bordeaux and Lift Collective highlights their shared commitment to support equity and inclusion for all in the wine business.
On October 27, Lift Collective will invite the Austin wine community and its supporters to Aviary Wine & Kitchen to taste 18 3-liter bottles from 12 different all-women producers and winemakers. The evening will raise funds for Lift Collective’s “Entrepreneurial Scholarship,” which supports budding talent in the wine industry.
“Diversity and representation are important points in equality, and for far too long, the wine industry has been dominated by a homogenous group. We are committed each and every day to dismantling the current state of the wine industry and rebuilding it to become an inclusive and equitable community,” said Rania Zayyat, founder of Lift Collective. “We are grateful for the opportunity that Vins de Bordeaux has given our organization to host this event and raise funds for the women, BIPOC, and other marginalized professionals paving their own paths in the industry.”
The pouring will begin at 6:00 p.m. with the first 100 guests receiving a complimentary ‘Strong Women of Bordeaux’ wine tumbler to commemorate the cause. Individuals interested in attending the event can RSVP at www.liftcollective.org. Suggested donations start at $100 for a general tasting pass. Guests can also become a “Lift Collective Annual Contributor” at the Friend and Sustainer levels that come with additional perks for future industry programs and experiences.
In the spring of 2022, Lift Collective will bring the wine community together for its annual conference in Austin, TX. This two-day event will gather beverage and hospitality leaders for discussions around current issues harming historically underrepresented communities within the industry and ignite the steps that need to be taken towards creating solutions for them to advance, belong and thrive. A special public tasting will kick off the festivities.
For more information on the Lift Collective Conference and programs, including partnerships with Texas hospitality venues, industry studies, and tastings and wine clubs, please visit www.liftcollective.org.
Featured Women Winemakers of Bordeaux
This is the first time that the Women Winemakers of Bordeaux are partnering with Lift Collective to spotlight their cause in Texas. The participating women winemakers and châteaux from Bordeaux represent the rich diversity of their region. From renowned reds to dry and sweet whites, their wines capture the artistry and depth of various Bordeaux appellations from myriad perspectives, including family-owned wineries and newcomers. The featured wines are listed below, and complete bios and insights are available here:
- ● Youmna Asseily, Owner and Winemaker, Château Biac (Cadillac Côtes de Bordeaux)
- ● Sophia Sanchez, General Manager, château Citran (Bordeaux Supérieur),
- ● Gwen Corre, Export Manager, Caves de Rauzan (Bordeaux)
- ● Véronique Barthe, Owner and Winemaker, Château La Freynelle (Bordeaux & Bordeaux blanc),
- ● Angelique Armand, Winemaker, Château La Rame (Bordeaux & Bordeaux blanc),
- ● Bérangère Tesseron, Owner and Winemaker, Château Larrivaux (Haut-Médoc),
- ● Alexandra Robin, Owner and Winemaker, Château Rol Valentin (Saint-Émilion Grand Cru)
- ● Pauline Dufour, Owner and Winemaker, Château Simon (Sauternes & Graves),
- ● Marie Courselle, Owner and Winemaker, Château Thieuley (Bordeaux rouge & Bordeaux blanc),
- ● Erika Smatana, Export Manager, Clarence Dillon Wines (Bordeaux rouge & Bordeaux blanc),
- ● Valérie Gosselin Conche, Commercial Director, Les Vignerons Reunis De Monsegur (Bordeaux) About Lift CollectiveLift Collective is a 501(c)3 multi-channel platform widening the aperture of intersectionality in the wine industry through collaborative programming, scholarships, and an annual conference. The organization continually innovates on the constructs of the wine world by bringing together individuals in thoughtful discussion, providing monetary support to industry professionals, and offering mentorship opportunities to all who need it. The purpose of Lift Collective is less about behind-the-scenes efforts made by a select few and more about collaboration, conversation, and transparency between our partners and collaborators.About Bordeaux Wine Council (C.I.V.B.)Bordeaux Wine Council (C.I.V.B.) was created by the French Law dated August 18, 1948. It unites representatives from the three families in the Bordeaux wine industry: winegrowers, merchants and traders. The CIVB’s 4 missions:
- ● Marketing mission: stimulate demand for Bordeaux wines, recruit new, younger consumers and ensure their loyalty to the brand. Provide education for the trade and strengthen relationships.
- ● Technical mission: build knowledge, protect the quality of Bordeaux wines and anticipate newrequirements related to environmental, CSR and food safety regulations.
- ● Economic mission: provide intelligence on production, the market, the environment, and sale ofBordeaux wines around the world.
- ● The industry’s general interests: protect the terroirs, fight counterfeiting, develop wine tourism.
About Aviary Wine & Kitchen
Co-owned by Marco Fiorilo and John Coronado, Aviary Wine & Kitchen is located on bustling South Lamar and features a hyper-seasonal menu of small plates, featuring local, farm fresh produce and proteins. Aviary’s wine list features an expansive, well-curated selection of unique and funky bottles, andvproteins. Aviary’s wine list features an expansive, well-curated selection of unique and funky bottles, an also offers a retail wine section. Aviary has become a veritable super group with the additions of Executive Chef, Andre Molina and Beverage Director, Alex Wheatley Bell. The team’s knowledge of Aviary’s extensive wine list and pairing-focused food menu will guide you through one of the best (hopefully of many) dining experiences of your whole life.